COPY FOR THE INFOGRAPHIC AND IMAGE SUGGESTIONS
• Feel free to ignore the image suggestions and come up with better ideas, but leave the copy as is. The bullets are only to communicate hierarchy (the copy shouldn’t be bulleted in the infographic).
* I've attached a Word document with this same information because my guess is that the formatting won't come through.
A Tool that Provides Context for TEA’s Letter Grades: Risk Load Analysis
TEA released the inaugural A-F letter grades on August 15, 2018.
• But what does a letter grade of C mean?
o Cause for concern
o Cause for celebration
o The context determines whether C is a concern versus celebration.
o (Image suggestion: It could be a person trying to decide between two Cs, or a scale with two Cs on it. A book cover that reads "A Tale of Two Cs". etc.)
A Risk Load analysis provides the context for A-F letter grades.
o What are Risk Loads?
o A Risk Load Analysis is a tool that school leaders are using to illuminate the nuances of poverty and community challenges that their students and staff face.
o Risk loads involve merging several sources of data, including Census data, to create a clear picture of both the challenges in the school’s environment and the volume of those challenges.
o Risk loads provide a better definition of educational disadvantage than the simple proxy of percent of Free & Reduced-Price Meals.
Here’s an Example of a Risk Load Analysis.
(Image suggestion: you can make this image from this page here: https://relation-back-d4hh.squaresp…k-factors/ and I’ll try to upload a version of this image to 99 designs, but my version will probably be too blurry to use – but you could use the blurry version as a placeholder)
A Risk Load Analysis changes the conversation around TEA’s A-F letter grades through its data & visualizations.
• (Image suggestion: a man in a business suit label) superintendent handing a physical report to 3 different type of people labeled:
o School Board Member
o Community Member
o Newspaper Journalist
• Call to Action (MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THE INFOGRAPHIC): Check out a free sample of 7 risk load factors for your campuses at schoolriskfactors.moakcasey.com.