Our page is comprised of four main elements. The actual map (including markers), the legend, and the two counters for current and completed conversations. There are a couple example maps in the files that you are welcome to use as a wireframe. Please don't feel everything needs to be laid out in the same fashion though.
Full width responsive design much like google maps. We want something that is flashy and eye appealing. We are currently using http://googlemaps.github.io/js-samp…index.html
to style the map but the counters and legend are being added by us through HTML/PHP.
The main aspect of our page is the map. This map will contain pins/icons that display where people are currently taking our surveys. Through the google maps wizard that we are using, as far as I have been told we are fairly limited in what we are able to do with the map. I believe we are able to set the colors for the land and water, but there isn’t a ton of customization after that. We may be able to use a texture image as the background for the land or water but I don’t think anyone has tried yet. Feel free to look through the tool with the link above or just stick with the two color style.
Legend - (example included in files)
- Displays each of the projects currently in field
- Each project will have a unique map marker to show where the current respondents of that project are located.
--- You are free to use a generic marker that can be uniquely customized for each project, or we can use the logo client for that project (see logo in files, feel free to add others). This is up to you, style it however fits your design best.
- Each project will have a name, project number and icon. Other potential legend fields could include: Current users, completed conversations, length of interview, and client name.
Current Conversations Counter (example in files)
- This is a counter to keep track of the number of people using our software for an interview at that time.
- 3 digits
Overall Conversations Counter
- Counts the number of Interview that our software has conducted
- The current count is somewhere between 2 and 3 million