I am looking for a header for an e-commerce website that sells natural health products. When I say header, I am including the buttons right below—such as HOME, MY PRODUCTS, SHOP BY HEALTH CONCERNS, etc. There are certain items that have to be on the header that I list below.
But here’s the key to this project. If you go to the site: http://www.vrp.com/ you will see the exact style, coloring and nature of the site your header has to fit into. (VRP is not my site—it’s being used as an example).
Let me explain: if you cut out the header at vrp.com (including the green “discount” bar they have, since I won’t have one), from that point on below, your masthead would have to be a graphically perfect fit with the VRP body going downwards because my site will have that same look.
It’s really common sense, the top header has to fit with the rest of the page below—especially with their photographs that highlight the individual products. Obviously, it’s not a gambling, racing car or wild look that I need.
Other key thoughts:
• The one thing I would use the VRP header for is to be a sense of where and how my copy goes on the header—specifically this is the copy that it needs:
Visual of spokesperson, Name of Site: Stunning Health Breakthroughs, Search bar, FREE SHIPPING on orders over $99, a “My Cart” visual with number visible if they’ve ordered, FREE Stunning Health Newsletter (where they enter their e-mail address) , Order Toll-Free 1-800-000-0000.
• The audience is probably 50 plus. That’s not to say they’re have no imagination, but it is to say their tastes are different from a 23-year-old that plays video games.
• It has to be easy to read. No tiny type, condensed fonts, maybe a serif one or a classic san serif. It can have color that works with the VRP bottom.
• As you’ll note, I have a spokesperson—and I’ve enclosed 12 numbered photographs. My thinking was to put him to the far left—but you might think something else works. I’d like to use him maybe from the shoulders or chest up so he’s visible—he portrays the image well. (As you’ll see below, I believe shots #2,3,4 work best. Some are not really masthead material).
• I’m trying to personalize the site as much as possible using him. He, for example, will be next to several products. He presents the site, gives it a face people can relate to.
• In terms of how big it is in height, I’d say that the size on VRP is right--not skinny— and not huge.
If there are questions, I can be reached at Rvinade@aol.com) Also note, my needs don’t end here. I’d like to establish a relationship with you so we can do business together. Thanks very much. I look forward to hearing from you.
Tabs on Header (from left to right)
Shop By Health Concern
FREE Stunning Health Newsletter