We are looking to achieve two things with this redesign: 1) improve the graphics of our website. and 2) improve the UI/UX experience for our users. Currently, our links and buttons can be confusing for some users.
We have started re-arranging our home page. Please refer to attached "home page new.png". We still need a lot of help with it though!
EDITED: I'VE RE-WRITTEN THIS PART OF THE BRIEF:
ELEMENTS ABOVE THE FOLD:
It is currently very confusing for people to have so many different links and buttons to login/join/create pools / sign up, etc. everywhere on the page. So let's simplify it!
People could be logged in as a user, a pool, and/or a team, and there are many different combinations possible for this.
To simplify it, could we put at the top right, in the nav bar, something like this: "Hello [user], you are currently viewing pool [poolname], team [teamname].
And then color code the [user], [pool] and [team] parts?
The [user], [pool] and [team] parts should look like their are also dropdown menus, where people could click to change the user/pool/team - separately.
For your design, could you please write it as "Hello [admin], you are currently viewing pool [RG], team [none selected]
You can see a visual representation of what I'm referring to attached to the design brief.
And then right underneath this navbar, have a second nav bar that is pool specific (so color coding should indicate the connection between the [poolname] and this second nav bar)
And the links here should say: Admin, Standings, Reports, GameTime Update, and Pool Info.
And then we'll need to put a link for Mobile at the top left. and then links for French, and Facebook and twitter.
We're also need a dropdown link for "NHL". The NHL dropdown menu options will be: NHL Schedule, Franchise Statistics, Corrections, Injuries,, New Players, NHL News.
And a button for "Store".
- TAGLINE: "World's best hockey pool site, since 1995". This should not be right under the logo. It should be clearly visible by itself
- FEATURES: list of our top 5 features, with a button to "See all features"
1) Real-time updates
2) Nightly standings email
3) Online & offline draftrooms
5) [will decide later]
- CREATE A POOL button. This should be the most outstanding part of the landing page, since it is our main call to action.
- LOGIN SECTION
Let's make this a small (narrow) but clearly visible login section, with two tabs.
Tab 1: Pool login
Season: dropdown menu
Pool name: Use invite code:
Pool Password: forgot password?
Button that says "Pool login"
(these fields should be on top of each other)
Tab 2: User login
Include this text "You now have the ability to manage all of your pools and teams within one account. "
Then have two fields, one on top of the other:
Button that says "User login"
ALL OF THE ABOVE should be above the fold if possible. (For the login, it can just be the heading, and not all the fields, if necessary)
BELOW THE FOLD:
- A section for FAQ with a list of 3-5 questions, that are hyperlinked, and a button to "View all FAQ"
- A section for "Video How To's" with 3-5 videos displayed, and a button to "See all video tutorials"
- A section for r "Recent Logins" (it will just show the name of the pools they logged in before. For example: "danica", "RG", "CocaColaEmployees" "Pool123")
- a link to join a site wide contest / pool. Heading: "Compete against the expert!" Text: "Enter our weekly pool contest to win a dinner for 4 from BostonPizza." Button: "Enter weekly contest"
IMPORTANT: We sell the ability for companies to advertise on our website. Companies can put ads around our website, and take over our branding. So we'd have ads to the right, the left, and below our website. And instead of having just our logo, it would say "OFFICEPOOLS.com, Sponsored by Coca Cola" and have their logo there.
Please see current website for a rudimentary version of this: http://www.officepools.com. (make sure you have AdBlock disabled).