LEVEL 1 – LANDING/TOP of PAGE – Header, Category Menu 1, Landing images/graphic and Category Menu 2
LEVEL 2 - MAIN TOURS SOLD
LEVEL 3 – PHOTO/IMAGE LINKS to info on Samui, facebook reviews
LEVEL 4 - FOOTER
Most of the initial effort for the contest should probably be made on LEVEL 1.
as its important to have 3 main hero images which aren't simply photos.
LEVEL 1 - LANDING-TOP OF PAGE
1)-Blue Header bar
2) White Category Menu 1 = 6 Categories in bar which link to info on Samui (beaches, temples, restaurants, nature, shopping, sport)
3) Three rotational landing images (can be clicked through) - This will be the challenging part of the page design. The 3 images are for 3 main tours in Samui
A) Angthong National Marine Park - view of park (single photo)
B) Ko Tao and Koh Nangyuan & Snorkeling (2 photos) - Pic of 3 Islands connected dominant and in foreground
C) All around the Island day trip. Pic of activity 4x4 jeep in foreground dominant. Chairs photo in background.
Challenging because each image will have a saying/catchphrase and also hopefully a unique design/graphic with the photo or overlapping so it will be more than just a stand alone photo. Similar to the Adidas.com homepage in essence …but not in style, color etc. It could be that the graphic together with the photo might over clutter the homepage but this is the preferred way to make the site unique at the moment.
3 LANDING PAGE IMAGES - ( LIP 1, LIP2 and LIP3 )
I would like to have each main photo with a small phrase and make it original .
The graphic/image/photo and phrase will help to distinguish the site from other tour websites.
LIP1 - Landing Image Photo 1
Photo Title - ANGTHONG MARINE PARK (LIP1)
Phrase - “The higher you go the better the view” ( no quotation marks used on site design )
Idea for image overlap – related to cruising on a Yacht or boat. Maybe stand alone photo is better.
LIP2 - Landing Image Photo 2
Photo Title - KO TAO and KO NANGYUAN - (LIP2)
Phrase - “The deeper the sea the more you see”
Possible Ideas for Image –
a) a photo of Ko Nangyuan (3 islands connected) overlaid on top of beautiful photo or people snorkeling (drone shot)
b) half the page an underwater overwater snorkel shot and half of Koh Nangyuan
LIP3 - Landing Image Photo 3
Photo Title - ALL AROUND SAMUI ISLAND IN ONE DAY
Phrase - “The more you do the more you learn”
Graphic Idea – a) Photo of Safari jeep 4x4 with people waving overlaid on top of empty beach chairs (example provided in file). This symbolises people to get of their butts and see the island
4) Category Menu 2 bar for 8 main tour categories: Island trips, Explore the island, Boat trips, Sea trips, Culture, Sport, Adventure, Wellness. See Urlaubsheld for example (pink “Kategorian” section). On the Urlaubsheld site this is probably a little too wide and takes up to much room. Pls make a little narrower. The color for this area should be a light soft orange not link.
At the top separating these areas there should be no waves, curves, fading, splashes and mixing of colors. The site will be minimal and simple.
LEVEL 2 MAIN BODY TOURS SOLD ( this level/section should mainly be copied from model site )
1) 2 Sets/lines of 3 tours across page (PC version), from Category menu 2 (above) spread across homepage (eg: 1st LINE - Island trips has 3 tours, 2nd LINE Explore the Island has 3 tours ....and so on)
2) For the submitted design in this section there would simply be only 2 Lines and a total of 6 Tours and Images. Each tour image is presented in a rectangular way ( as in model site – Urlaubsheld - here I would like to emphasize again the desire to be very close to the model site in layout ) and will have some tour details, pic, price and “learn more” button.
LEVEL 3 –PHOTO/IMAGE LINKS to info on Samui
1) A photomenu of 6 categories from the top of page Level 1 (beaches shopping, temples, restaurants, nature and sport ) shown again in photo format with links. Similar again to Urlaubsheld site (section titled "Beliebte Themen" in German.
2) 3 boxes indicating the site is trusted, secure, customer focused and well priced.
LEVEL 4 -FOOTER
1) The Footer on Urlaubsheld is also very interesting and unique, it's a box set to the right (not your standard copied bottom version of the header with social media icons added). Again something similar to this would be great. We have 3 sister sites which we will launch in the future Kotaotours.com, Kophukettours.com and Kophangnantours.com. In the Footer box I would like these sites shown in the footer box also with name and maybe a tiny map outline of each of the 3 islands/sites. Together with a message not yet finalized perhaps… “go more places …know more faces”.
I would like the site too look like the Urlaubsheld site as much as possible but with no pink. Its exceptionally user friendly and clean/basic but with no wasted space. Uniqueness and creativity will come from 3 Landing images at top of page, our own tours and photos and alterations/edits later on.