Dymak is a wholesale global trading company for the horticultural industry. We produce pots for flowers and plants. All our products come in a wide range of materials, from glass, wood or zinc to terracotta, concrete and many more. Our range is highly diversified.
Dymak’s target market covers nurseries, market gardeners, exporters of flowers and plants, and retail chains. All of these markets may further specialize in sales to independent retail garden centers, chain retail garden centers, or “big box” stores, which basically translates into high-volume sales to a chain of retail stores.
Our current website (which we will be re-designing as well at a later date) is: http://www.dymak.dk. Do not use the colors here as a reference for the logo, as the website will be changed.
History of current logo: Since the start of the company the logo has remained and will remain almost unchanged. It was not done by a professional designer, however, the story behind it and its name speaks strongly about Dymak’s beliefs and core values. The two beginning letters “DY” stand for dynamic, which is one of the company’s main attributes and one of the reasons it has become so successful throughout the years. The letters “M”,”A” and “K” stand for the founding partners first name’s and the “M” symbol in the middle has this particular shape as it is meant to resemble the euro symbol, and just like it, it is reminiscent of the Greek letter epsilon, thus pointing to the cradle of European civilization and the first letter of the word ‘Europe’.
What I am looking for in the new logo
You have full creative freedom to make your own concept. We're doing a total re-brand, so we're looking for fresh, new ideas.
The tagline for the logo is: Upgrades for flowers & plants
• The typography must stand out, be unique and strong;
• Do not use flowers or plants as it might be misleading; we do not produce flowers or plants; If you insist on having a plant, then make sure it is in the most creative possible way and that it is in no way insinuating that we produce plants;
• The design must work well both online, through social media and website, as well as offline
• The design must be simple, elegant, clean and timeless
• The design must not be loud, bright, busy or cluttered
• Do not submit romantic designs or swirls
THE BUSINESS CARDS
Do not add employee pictures on the business cards
Do not create anything with copper
No overly intricate debossments or embossments - at the end of the day these cards need to look fantastic, but be affodable to print.
UV, foil accepted