Our logo "messaging" needs to be:
1. Technical capability and product competence primarily
2. Utilizing recycled materials
We want to evoke the "green" element but not go overboard. Our "sale" is based on the technical performance attributes of our materials; its green quotient is the final nail but we not want we want to lead with that given that our customers will include tire manufacturers and other users with safety and performance branding issues of their own.
Our existing website is terrible, inclusive of the logos and colors - see newrubbertech.com/ - but it may give you some additional sense of what we do.
Logo design elements could include (this list not exhaustive but just to spur some thinking):
2) rubber compound (comes in rolls, sheets or slabs - see images online)
3) recycle arrows
4) a representation of a polymer chain, possibly even the rubber polymer chain
As you can see from my "Preferred logo types", i am of two minds, one of which is to have a logo and then the company name in simple text, or the other is to have the company name in a more stylized way so that it is the logo. Ideas for that second group could include things like
1) the capitalized "R" and "B" in the word rubber lends itself to incorporating a recycle arrow
2) the words could be drawn in a way to evoke the flexibility of rubber by compressing some of the lettering and expanding others
I am looking forward to your interpretations of this or new and better ideas! Thanks - David