"140.6" is the combined distance of a triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile marathon run). I want a logo this is simply "140.6", but it needs to be designed with the following requirements:
* It must be ABSTRACT (most submitters are missing this point) but eventually legible. Ideally, you don't know what it says at first glance (and it doesn't look like something else either, just abstract), but when told what it is, it should be obvious. SEE MY "SCWYS" example below.
* It must be usable as an embroidered logo (e.g., 1" square on left chest of polo shirt)
* Must also be usable as larger print (e.g., cover the front of a T-shirt).
* Must be visually appealing
+ Must work as a single color (e.g., embroidered)
* Must be unique enough to be trademarked
Nice to have:
+ It would be fantastic if it can convey triathlon (swimming, biking, and running) in some way.
+ It would be fantastic if the design approach was flexible enough to apply to other triathlon race distances (e.g., 70.3 = half Ironman).
WHAT TO AVOID:
* Must not infringe on existing trademarks
Note: I am attaching a personal logo I own which represents initials "SCWYS", but done abstractly. Notice how you don't know what it says until told, but once told, you see "SCWYS" easily.
For this "140.6", this calligraphy style is probably not appropriate. This logo needs to convey tough (not fluff). Both of the attached files may have a calligraphy-like decorative style. This logo does NOT have to be like that. In fact, it needs to convey the accomplishment, strength, fortitude of completing an Ironman distance triathlon.