UPDATE 2:SUNDAY APRIL 15, 9:30AM EST:
We just eliminated 90% of the design submissions. For those of you who made the cut; Congratulations! For those of you who didn't, I am happy to provide (hopefully constructive) feedback -- Don't be discouraged. We are blown away by the current submissions, and are still on the look out for that perfect design that embodies "AskIt" based on the brief.
Also a couple of notes:
1. PLEASE READ THE FULL BRIEF - Clearly some designers are not reading the full brief.
2. AVOID TEXT BUBBLES & QUESTION MARKS - we did that already on the old logo.
3. TRY SUBMISSIONS WITH OUT THE ".COM". Because we own the domain name, the .com part is obvious.
4. LOOK AT DESIGNS THAT HAVE NOT YET BEEN ELIMINATED - Notice what we like/kept.
Best of Luck - We look forward to seeing your great ideas. We also appreciate your hard work and time that you have put in to these designs.
UPDATE: FRIDAY APRIL 13, 12PM EST
ATTENTION All Designers: We just had a meeting regarding the current logo submissions. I wanted to share some notes from the meeting with all of you.
1. Great work so far! We are impressed with the overall quality of designs that are being submitted. Keep up the great work! Don't be afraid to wow us.
2. The business is really pivoting away from Q&A, which means: AVOID TEXT BUBBLES & QUESTION MARKS. This is not the look we are going for.
3. DISREGARD THE OLD WEBSITE SITE DESIGN. We are moving as far away from that look as possible.
4. We are looking for Fresh New ideas. Web 2.0. I will post a list of competitors who have good sites (as was suggested by one of the designers).
If you want to see the top designs right now (for some direction in what we find appealing filter by rating). We will be going through the list and rating more designs, so if your design does not have a rating yet, don't be discouraged, but also look at what these designs have in common.
Keep the questions and comments and designs coming.
AskIt.com (Pronounced: "Ask It") is a digital agency that helps companies with software development & marketing.
The Old Story: The AskIt.com is website is dated. It was designed nearly 12 years ago and is in desperate need of a make over.
The New Story (the vibe we want to convey): AskIt is Web 2.0. A design shop like the kind you would find in Brooklyn NY. 4 young hipsters have an established development shop (they eat cereal for breakfast, lunch & dinner - because it is quick and they don't need to leave their desk). A bunch of geeky programmers, a hot & sexy creative designer, and a young entrepreneur who doesn't understand the meaning of the word "No". Their goal? To become the #1 development shop...in the world! Turning out great applications for web and mobile. How are they doing it? By creating one satisfied client at a time. These guys understand the importance of paying attention to detail and delivering quality.
This is the vibe that needs to be embodied by the new logo. Do you have the skills to do it? Show us what you've got. Each designer will receive feedback on their design. I am looking for excellence. A logo that makes a statement. We will be building our website around the logo so the logo needs to be "spot on".
If you have any questions let me know. I am happy to provide feedback.
¿A qué sector dirías que pertenece tu empresa?
Tipos de logo a explorar
Para hacernos una idea de lo que representa tu marca, dinos qué estilos te gustan
Diseño de inspiración
Hemos encontrado algunos concursos similares que podrían interesarte