Other background information about Global Bible Initaitive and what we want our logo to communicate.
(WHY) We believe that God has called us to play an important role in fulfilling the Great Commission by
(WHO) enabling indigenous churches
(WHAT) to translate God’s Word into their own language(s)
(HOW) (1) with a Bible translation software that visualizes the meaning of the original Greek and Hebrew, and (2) automatically checks the translation for accuracy,
(3) through partnerships between U.S. churches and indigenous churches
(WHERE) anywhere in the world
(WHEN) as soon as (1) our software is reprogrammed to be available online, (2) our user interface is translated into the Gateway languages, (3) and U.S. churches begin to collaborate with indigenous churches on Bible translation projects.
• GLOBAL – because we are called to fulfill the prophecy of Habakkuk (2:14), “...the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.”
• BIBLE – because it is essential that everyone have God’s Word in a language they can understand. “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” (Matthew 4:4). It’s part of Christ’s Great Commission to his church.
• INITIATIVE – because both meanings of this word apply to our ministry: (1) “The ability to determine what needs to be done and take action,” (2) and “A new attempt to achieve a goal or solve a problem, or a new method for doing this.” (Cambridge Dictionary) “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!” – Isaiah 43:18-20
What Should the GBI Logo and tagline communicate?
1) Access to God’s Word – God cares that all people have access to Scripture in their own heart language
2) Church-centric approach – we accomplish translation through indigenous translators, not professional theological translators
3) Technology Solution – GBI offers a technology solution to Bible Translation
4) Accuracy in Translation – GBI is committed to Bible translation that accurately conveys the original meaning of Scripture
5) Innovators – not stuck in the traditional paradigm
6) Fresh, Modern Look and Feel - Engage millennials (donors, volunteers) while not alienating Baby Boomers (not too modern) who are the majority of our donor base currently
Tag Line Ideas
• Bible translation made clear
• Empowering the Church to translate God’s Word