Clever designers wanted to create logo for a new email client.
We’re looking for talented designers to create a logo for our flagship product: Kogmail.
Kogmail is a complementary application to Google’s Gmail, and changes the way users interact with the popular web email service.
• Embody concepts such as simplicity, ease of use, modern, clever.
• The “cog” symbol – although cliché, we are not opposed to the use of a cog as a whole or part of the logo – try keep it creative and original though, i.e. replacing the letter “O” with a cog is a little over done.
• Envelope – We are also not opposed to seeing the traditional mail envelope used in the logo, but once again with a creative or clever spin.
• Gmail – Although the application is complementary to Gmail it may grow beyond Gmail. However, we are not opposed to a subtle reference to Gmail in the logo. Please be very aware of copyright and trademark issues if you go this route.
• Color – We have no particular preferences here. Keep it contemporary and simple.
• Target market – Our target is both the free Gmail and business apps users. Generally professional people who need more from a mail client than Gmail currently offers.
The logo will be used on web pages, email footers, web site favicons, application icons, windows system tray icons and application splash and about screens. This means the logo portion of the design needs to scale well to smaller sizes, such as 32x32.
We will require the logo in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator formats. Please include any fonts (if free) or the names of the fonts and where to obtain them. The layers should not be flattened.
Apart from choosing a winner for this competition, the top 5 designers will be given preference for providing designs for a web page competition to be held when this logo competition is over.
We believe in this competition, fortune will favor the bold! We will review very regularly and give plenty of feedback.
Best of luck!
The Kogmail Team