Dear designers. First of all, I'd like to express my gratitude for your efforts in advance.
Secondly, I would ask that you visit my website in general and this link in particular: http://bit.ly/1VHUYa5
This is the about section of my website. Please read the entire section as it will provide you with the spirit and energy of the brand and aid you in drafting your logo concepts. There are lots of pictures that fit with the brand concept. I'd like you to explore whatever comes to you upon your personal reflection and evaluation of the site and information I am providing below...
I can share some themes with you that I'm drawn to if it helps you, but you DO NOT have to include them, although you can if you have a vision. I will only know what I'm looking for once I see it. So if you FEEL something - go with it. Don't try to figure me out - find your own personal connection to the work and create something YOU FEEL connected to. At the same time, I will provide direct and clear feedback for all submissions.
Here are some thematic elements that I'm drawn to:
- The stone tablets of the hieroglyphics.
- Dolphins which symbolize diving deep into the subconscious mind to explore emotions and surface with newfound understanding.
- The kundalini goddess energy and the piercing/opening of chakras
- Seafaring imagery - water represents our emotions and subconscious.
- Logos that contain images within images - where multiple elements unite to create different scenes depending on how you look at it.
- Creative use of negative space.
- Sacred geometry
As you can see, these themes vary, but hopefully it yields something of use for your process. I'd like the logo to possess a unity of masculine and feminine energy. There is a ruggedness and a softness at the same time - like stone and water together.
If you're familiar with branding archetypes - this brand logo should help convey the EXPLORER archetype. Here's a link to a pinterest board that may give you an idea of how the target audience may think or feel to some degree:
Other explorer brands and personalities include Jeep, Indiana Jones, The North Face etc.
The compass helps you find the true north that is your purpose for being and the legends are the ancient stories that help us decipher our way through the mystery of life. We're all explorers and we all can benefit from that internal compass and the wisdom of the ancient legends.
Thank you, again!
- Unless you have a TRULY creative and unique way implementing a compass into your design, I would steer clear of using a compass. The problem is that the compass is overused in branding and i think it's difficult to create a distinctive brand using a compass alone. If you have a UNIQUE, BRANDED approach it will be considered , but a simple generic compass WILL NOT WORK. I also don't like the sharp points for compass designs that make it look like a flying dagger from Batman's utility belt. :-) So please avoid compass designs with sharp points.
At this point I would really like to see creative design options that take into consideration my philosophical feelings about the design from what you've read above and seen on the website and integrate it with the CENTER IMAGE of the merkaba seen at this link: http://bit.ly/1VK9jCV
Remember, we're creating a brand identity through this logo, so it won't work to simply have the merkaba by itself. It will need to be united with some other element that makes it iconic and specific to Compass and Legends. From this point forward, I'd only like to see designs that take this into account. If you are already working on something that is different and you like it - I will gladly consider it however! Thanks!