In creating a new logo, we would like to mention a few ideas to consider. We are by no means beholden to any of these ideas, but hopefully, they will spark new ideas from you. -- i.e. We do not necessarily need to use any of these ideas. If you have others, please offer them.
- Because the name "umunhum" has the meaning "resting place of the hummingbird," we would like to explore various designs that incorporate the image of a hummingbird.
- The co-op is named after Mt. Umunhum (near San Jose). Initial concepts we have explored include a silhouette of Mt. Umunhum.
- The logo should be able to be easily viewed (clearly legible) when printed on the top of a bottle cap.
- We are not necessarily looking for beer label designs at this time, but the logo should work well when placed on a beer label. Or, at least, the idea behind the logo should be able to extend to a beer label.
- The logo should work both with and without the name "Umunhum" or "umunhum Brewing."
- Purely as an example to spark ideas, an image of our initial beer label design has been included for reference.