1. The logo text can be: “Define your own reality”, “DYOR”, or “D.Y.O. Reality”
2. The tagline is "Choose your life. Make it happen." This tagline may change in the future so I would like a logo where it is easy to change the tagline without impacting the overall design.
3. I need a logo that can easily be used as the parent logo for a series of children products. In mockups, I would like to see how the children products work with the logo. Here are some sample names: Pathfinder Program, Goal Tracker
4. I am open to all ideas but here are a few thoughts: our readers are people who are different from the masses - they want to break the typical mold set by society. This makes me think of a black sheep but without the negativity associated with the image. I also think of some exciting creature being unzipping from the sheep costume - leaving the sheeple.
There is often an association that the ideal life is living on a beach and drinking pina coladas all day. So something with a palm tree and beach could be worth looking into.
5. Styles I like (note, I am a chick and am looking for something slightly feminine. Both of these examples are pretty masculine) http://www.internetindependence.com, sovereignman.co (.co is not a mistake)
NEW - http://chrisguillebeau.com
6. NEW - I like texture and have attached a few examples that I like.