Kitu Systems is a software company building solutions for the Internet of Things market. The word Kitu means “Thing” in Swahili.
Our target audience is our market & customers that can be categorized as following:
1. IoT Product or Infrastructure Companies:
Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, Bosch, Schneider, Intel, AT&T, Comcast
Semiconductor Companies: Intel, Marvell, Qualcomm, Texas Instruments
Utilities: Electric, Water, and Gas
2. IoT Consumers – Companies that would leverage our IoT Solutions:
Hospitality: Marriott, Starwood, Hilton
Rental Car Companies: Zip Car, Hertz, Avis
City Governments (Smart Cities).
Our software is characterized by the following attributes:
1. Application-specific: Optimized IoT solutions for real world use-cases
a. Our solutions are optimized for specific use-cases within Industry Verticals. We call each of these as “Slices”. For example we have solution within the Smart Energy industry targeted specifically for Electric Vehicle Charging.
2. Secure & Scalable: Purpose built for large, mission-critical applications
a. Security is not an after-thought, it is baked in from the ground-up into our solutions.
3. Distributed Architecture: IoT Applications deployed across Cloud, Gateways and Devices
a. We design software and solutions that exist above a single product. To give an analogy from the consumer realm the Nest Thermostat manages heating and cooling – but the software that accomplishes the functionality is distributed across the Nest Thermostat, the Smartphone app provided by Nest, and Nest’s cloud infrastructure
b. Kitu System’s software and solutions are distributed across the entire system.
4. Ease of Use: Simple to provision, manage & operate
a. Balancing the technically complexity for building a Secure, Scalable, & Distributed product with ease of use.