ApnaStock is an online marketplace for building materials (such as cement, steel, sand, bricks, blocks, pipes, tiles, bathroom fittings, etc.) in India.
We are rebranding ourselves as Buildkar to better communicate what we do. (“kar” is a word that roughly translates to “do it!”)
We need a logo that communicates the ease of buying building materials online to our target audience. The logo is intended for use in both online (on our website) and in offline marketing.
Our target audience fall into two buckets.
1. Independent Home Builders – these are people who are building or remodeling homes that they own/live in. This group of people are primarily looking for dependability, assurance of quality, and a wide selection. They are predominantly male, aged 30-45, urban, white-collared professionals,
2. Small/Medium Builders – these are people who are part of the construction industry eco-system. This group of people includes civil engineers, contractors, architects, interior designers and the like. This group of people are primarily looking for the best price, and dependability. They are predominantly male, aged 30-45, urban and semi-urban, and not as sophisticated.
What does our brand stand for?
1. Widest selection – a one stop shop for all building materials. There is no offline equivalent for this in India.
2. Best price – we are a marketplace, and hence offer better prices to our customers than what they can find offline.
3. On-time delivery – this is an industry notorious for delayed deliveries. We focus on making sure that our customers always get their materials on time.
4. Customer service – from the moment they are on our site, to when the truck unloads the materials at the delivery site, our customer support teams are making their work pain-free.
What qualities do we want the logo to convey?
1. Dependability / Reliability / Trust
2. Resourceful / Knowledgeable
3. Contemporary / A new way of doing things