I am a post partum doula, I strive to "mother the mother" and assist the entire family in adjusting to life with a baby. My goal is for new moms to feel empowered and confident and to enjoy the post partum period as much as possible.
What does a post partum doula do?
- Hands-on education on infant and mother care (breastfeeding, bathing, diapering, calming techniques, preparation of formula if bottle feeding)
- Create a nurturing, restful atmosphere in which parents may eat, shower and napIntroduce parenting tips, helping parents to learn skills that will enable them to cope with their new responsibilities
- Screen for hurdles such as breastfeeding challenges or postpartum mood disorders
- Shop for groceries and prepare mealsHelp with housework such as light laundry, washing dishes, sweeping floor, etc
- Help initialize a routine for your baby and your family
My target audience is new moms or pregnant moms who need some help adjusting to motherhood.