Company is called Saucal (pronounced SO - KAL, like Southern California). I've attached our current logo, which doesn't help us much. Feel free to build on it, or start from scratch.
- We'd like it very modern, and to convey technology.
- I envision it being very: California in the 1980's - surfers, colors
"Futuristic" in like Back to the Future (hover boards), and Star Trek - you know it means space!
- S could be like the icon attached (horse and jouster), or represent refinement and quality, like the Swiss.
- I grouped ‘au’ and ‘ca’ in my drawings, mostly for pronunciation purposes.
- I like the idea of using “<“ for the C, as it implies 2 things: math, and it looks more like a K, for the sound KAL.
- For the 'L', it could act like a torch, or beacon. Torch for light, or beacon into the unknown (technology).
We want it to be obvious we're technology related. One idea was to add a power icon to the 3 circles (http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/…r-icon.png), but again, just an idea.
A mascot could be a good way to do this instead. We love logos that are obvious and/or clever.
We're a completely distributed company (we work around the globe) and we work heavily with cutting edge technology (bitcoin, VR). If you'd like to know more about our brand positioning, you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE5NmHLHP0M. Some values we cherish at Saucal are:
- Independence of Location (were distributed)
- Growth (intellectually and business)
- Honesty (transparency / respect)
- Innovation (working hard, finding the right solution)
- Good people (trust your gut)