To create a logo for an upcoming even listing site, similar to Craiglist for events.
SelectEvent aspires to be the largest event listing site in the world - catering for conferences, talks, readings, arts, music, demos and more.
By having a strong listing algorithm SelectEvent will be able to suggest events you may be interested in, based on your current location.
It will be integrated with Facebook (Events), Twitter and Foursquare.
We need a strong and memorable logo which will form the basis of our branding and marketing.
The closest competitor to SelectEvent is Lanyrd - and we would like to avoid comparison.
People who like to attend conferences, talks, exhibitions, concerts, festivals.
The logo needs to be:
- Interpret the idea of attending an event - some ideas may include: crowds, podium, stage, lights, microphone, speakers, building, tickets, people.
- able to communicate a feeling of the excitement and inspiration one feels when attending a high impact enjoyable event
- Clean - the website will host a lot of information so every other aspect needs to be very clean.
- Bold/strong/ - the system itself is solid and powerful and the logo should reflect this with block colours or some other visual clue.
- Colour - no colours have been selected yet - open pallette
- Scale well - the logo will be used at 64x64 resolution up to 400x400 resolution. Consideration should also be given for a 16x16 favicon.
- Web file format - layered .psd (RGB)