I sell t-shirts of revolutionary heroes that are iconic and not so iconic. The T-shirt is the probably the most ubiquitous article of clothing worn by just about everyone around the world. I try to include people on the shirts who are lesser known. Thus, the t-shirts I sell inspire the revolutionary latent within us all. We all can make a change for the better in the world - no matter how small.
I also donate 10% to 1 of 5 causes. The customer chooses the cause. The causes will change slightly each year. This year it is:
1. ZAKAT FOUNDATION OF AMERICA (Syrian crisis humanitarian relief)
2. WOMEN FOR WOMEN INTERNATIONAL (helps women in war-torn regions)
3. THE ALI FORNEY CENTER (Housing for Homeless LGBT Youth)
4. DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS (give urgent medical care to disaster areas)
5. CHILDREN'S DEFENSE FUND (protects the welfare of children)
We also will start featuring people who are today, risking their lives for peace, justice and equality all over the world. - today's Revolutionaries and artists who are expressing their political views through their artwork. i.e. street artists and musicians.
Target audience: I want it to have an international appeal. Overseas, the target is younger - politically progressive men and women in their 20s (i.e. activists in Middle East or Russia who protest for women's rights, lgbt rights, rule of law, etc.). Here in the US, the target is socially conscious, liberal, college educated 25-40 year olds.
Both audiences utilize social media a lot to stay connected with current events.