'The Stewardship Foundation, founded in 2010 by Tom Cooper and a small group of friends, was created to support the funding needs of Christian causes in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. After five years in operation and the distribution of more than $500k in donor advised funds, Stewardship is transitioning to primarily supporting donors in the community: helping them to strategically and meaningfully engage their philanthropy by leveraging their collective impact for measurable and transformative change locally, regionally and internationally.'
- We are a broker for smart charitable giving
- Stewardship knows the charitable community in the Lower Mainland extremely well
- We have run large charities ourselves
- We have close relationships in the philanthropic community (with donors)
- We speak the languages of business and charity - building a bridge between communities
- Our donors are thoughtful people who don't have time to vet all of the organizations who are asking
- Giving gives them meaning
- They need our support
- our focus is donors and their needs - how can we make it easy for them to be as effective as possible (providing great meaning to them) with their giving?
- a big part of what we do is gathering people together to talk about giving - i.e. "how can I get my kids to join in our family's philanthropic efforts?", "how do I know which organizations are financially responsible?" "how can I sift through all of the organizations to find the ones that do the work that I am interested in"?
- we help to vet charities
- we provide info on the cutting edge of charitable work and philanthropic trends
- we make smart introductions of donors and charities
- we create "deals" - i.e. you're interested in refugee work? Stewardship has asked the three best local organizations to write a proposal together and we will pitch the funding of that proposal to five our of donor members
The vibe of the branding will be sophisticated, clean and warm (not too fancy). Though we are Christians, we do not want a cross in our brand. Our target market is 40-70 year olds (quite a range, yes :)
Let me know if you have any other questions.