Thank you for participating and providing your designs. Congratulations on making it to the final round. As our original brief was vague I have gone into detail of what we want to achieve below. Please read and consider as you’re developing your revisions:
1. Home Addicts - is currently in the planning phase of creating a brand for their online homeware store (http://www.homeaddicts.com.au) they wish to have up and running by mid August. The logo design is step one of the branding stage. The logo will reflect the quality, unique pieces they’ll be stocking. Their product inspiration is influenced by Scandinavian, Rustic and Industrial flair that will appeal to their market of females (80%) and males (20%) within the age bracket of 25-65.
2. Home/Lifestyle – Home Addicts will be operating within the interior design industry competing against the following online stores: http://www.fentonandfenton.com.au, http://www.crateexpectations.com.au, http://www.theminimalist.com.au and supplying products from: http://www.marblebasics.com.au, http://www.kateandkate.com.au, http://www.planetluxe.com.au, http://www.thescentofhome.com.au .
3. Objective of design – intrigue a fashion forward audience that love shopping for their home, turning their home into a creative and comfortable space. The logo should reflect the style of Scandinavian, Rustic and Industrial. Black and white is always a good start to a logo design however; I’d like the logo to be versatile by being able to add pops of colour without looking like a different logo.
4. Content /format – Both text and symbol. The symbol being the main focus of the logo. The logo will be used repeatedly on the website as well as printed on business cards, letterheads, advertisements in magazines etc. therefore, the logo needs to be in a format that can be enlarged and work well in small print.
5. Choice of colours / layouts etc – the house colour is preferable black and white, however depending on the advertising campaign or the page on the website we would like to have the same logo varied by colour. The following colours are inspired by homewares that will be sold to our customers:
- Metallic: copper, gold & silver
- Neon pallet such as pink, blue and yellow
6. Likes / Dislikes – Please refer to the logos attached to our brief proving some idea of our competitors logos. We dislike the use of a home like symbol as it’s states the obvious and is unoriginal – we like left of center.
7. Logo Portfolio – at the end of the final stage Home Addicts would like to see from each finalist a folio of their design including different applications (on timber, on window, labeled on a cushion etc) and colours. The folio should include variations of the logo (rearrangements) e.g. Symbol above the text, symbol on its own, symbol on the right of the text, the text within the symbol etc.
We look forward to seeing your revisions and working with the winning designer on future projects.
Please contact me if you have questions.