SPECIFIC LOGO ELEMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. SHAPE: The logo shape should be similar to a fighter jet squadron patch in shape, style, and look.
- Examples of patches are uploaded in the brief files.
- Patches come in many shapes, so feel free to explore these as well.
2. STYLE: More serious, more realistic, classic, masculine, and more literal.
- VERY IMPORTANT… Please be careful about *not* looking like the Top Gun movie artwork.
- Avoid elements that look cartoonish.
3. BOLD: The logo needs to be simple and easily recognizable; especially when printed on a tshirt and viewed from afar.
4. COLORS: Colors that would work are red, white, blue, black, gray, gold.
- We need BOTH a COLOR and a BLACK/WHITE/GRAY version of the logo for printing purposes.
5. FONT: Should be strong, bold, and easy to read from afar.
6. HELMET DESIGN ELEMENT: Please include the fighter pilot helmet in the logo.
- The helmet visor (plastic covering the eyes) can either be black, white, or gray.
- If you decide to put an American flag in the visor, the look we're going for is if a pilot is looking at an American flag and it's reflecting onto the visor. To help with this reflective look, the flag should fade to either black, white, or gray as it nears the edges of the visor on all sides (left, right, top, and bottom of the visor). The flag *can* be in the visor, but it just needs to be more subtle.
7. MORE SPECIFICS ON HELMET DESIGN ELEMENT: It’s very important to please use only the helmet image uploaded in the brief files (the American flag can be removed from the helmet visor if you like). It’s important for accuracy for our target customers.
- The *style* of the helmet illustration can be edited to suit your logo design.
- Feel free to have the visor (plastic covering the eyes) be either black, white, gray, or have an American flag reflected in it.
- Please do *not* edit elements of the helmet image by adding extra hoses (there should only be 1 hose) or by adding extra wires because it then makes the helmet looks like a gas mask.
- One of the elements of the helmet that *can* be edited to help simplify the image is to remove the small black plastic piece that goes on the nose (the piece on the nose that looks like a black letter ‘Y’.) When the logos are viewed in small scale, this small black ‘Y’ piece is making the helmet look a little bit like a dog face.
8. WINGS as a DESIGN ELEMENT: If you decide to add wings to the logo, then…
- You can use something similar to the Navy flight officer wings pin (example uploaded in the file brief).
- Or, you can use fighter jet wings.
- Please do not use angel wings or something too feminine.
- Please also do not use wings that are too cartoonish. It reminds the pilots of the plastic children’s wings pin that some commercial airlines give out to children who are passengers.
- Please do not use wings too similar to the Top Gun movie artwork.
9. AMERICAN FLAG DESIGN ELEMENT: Please only use *1* American flag in the logo.
- If using an American flag as a background, then please do not use the flag again in the visor of the helmet.
- If using an American flag in the visor of the helmet, then please do not use the flag again in the background.