I want to emphasize learning the FUN way. While my topics are serious, I try to always cover them in a light-hearted and fun way. "Comical" is a good tone objective.
I want the logo to clearly indicate a guns and shooting theme, but the name of "My Gun Culture" is pretty obvious, so I want to consider clever ways to tell a bigger story. Are there ways to emphasize the "Culture" theme for example? The idea behind My Gun Culture is also that the "My" can apply to the website visitor also, so "My" doesn't necessarily mean me, it also means the reader from their viewpoint.
- I would like the final winning product delivered in either Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator format so I can easily adapt it to other sizes and proportion variations.
- The primary logo should be rectangular in nature and usable as a website top banner. It does not have to follow exact banner proportions like 728x90 though - I can be flexible with the exact proportions and adapt my site header for the right logo treatment.
- The logo should be designed in such a way that a variant can be created in square proportions for use on business cards and online badges. I do not need variants actually delivered with the logo, I just want to make sure that the design elements can be easily re-worked into square format.
- I am relaunching a new version of http://mygunculture.com after the new logo is delivered, so there is no need to follow any existing styles or colors that are currently on my website. I will adapt my website design around the right logo look and feel.
New notes 1-7-2015:
Per the dictionary, you may want to consider the following definitions of the word culture to inspire ideas on the logo design:
- development or improvement of the mind by education or training.
- the behaviors and beliefs characteristic of a particular social, ethnic, or age group: the youth culture; the drug culture.
- a particular form or stage of civilization, as that of a certain nation or period