We publish music educational books for older adults and college students.
Incorporating a bass clef into the logo would be welcome.
Cap is my name and we often refer to "the Cats" as good sounding musicians, hence "CapCat" (one word)
We publish books for ADULTS, not kids
The logo should look
clean and professional
If you want to include an instrument or outline of one please use this for the form (attached, a turquoise bass guitar); the shape and form of this instrument is part of my branding.
No treble clefs or note heads please.
We publish books and ONLINE courses.
I will need grey scale/bw/color versions, on black, white and clear backgrounds.
I prefer the capitalization CapCat to CAPCAT (harder to read).
Include the entire name, including Inc (with or without, or . )
THE INSTRUMENT IS absolutely NOT NECESSARY and should not be the centerpiece. Just IF you put an instrument, that is the one
After looking at 38 designs we are learning:
• The bass clef does not seem to work so well.
• Fonts for CapCat: The best ones are serif fonts, that scream clean, professional, publishing house, academic. That is what we are going for
• Make the CAPCAT all caps but make the two Cs bigger.
• Stay away from anything that could look kiddish - fun caps, fat notes, treble clefs, cute cats, funny cats; stylized and sophisticated is fine! but not so much cute or fun
• Some of the designs look gamey. Not what we are going for.
• If you wanted a shape to play with (since bass, bass clef etc are mostly out - except stylized!) play with a circle. Or the circle and the letters C.
Important: This logo needs to work very small, like on a spine of a book. Maybe only a graphic element is on these locations and everything elsewhere.