What we have done so far:
- We created this logo here.
- The dot-to-dot M illustrates the way people share from 1 person to another. And the film strip obviously represents video.
- We like this icon because it is clever, but it looks too slick. Almost looks like an Apple app like iMovie. And so I don’t think this will appeal to our younger target audience.
- So we tried an alternative logo here.
- I think this marshmallow M appeals more to the younger audience just like we want.
- But it is not clever or relevant to our app. It could be an app icon for anything. It does not accurately represent video memes or anything related to that.
We are not tied to the colours in these logo examples. We are open to more colours suggestions, as long as it appeals to our target market.
Logo design we like:
- App logos which have 2/3 meanings in 1 - where the design blends multiple graphic ideas together
- Simple, elegant designs
- Colourful gradients - like the instagram app icon
Logo design we don’t like:
- Anything relating to image memes
- The “troll face” meme
- Any screenshots of actual memes
- .AI file with layers
Hopefully this all makes sense, please message me if you have any questions.