Update on Monday, 14 October, 1.30 am UK time:
Many thanks to all of you who have already sent us designs!
We really enjoy some of the logos you have shared with us. But we're definitely still open to receiving new suggestions. There are still 15 hours left.
We'll be back tomorrow morning (UK time).
Thank you for your help!
We are looking for a logo for our non-profit online magazine "Politikon". The magazine will be free of charge, without ads, nonpartisan, and independent from the interests of political or economic actors.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE MAGAZINE
1) Who we are
We are a group of young political and social scientists from more than 20 universities.
2) Our mission
Together with other colleagues in the political and social sciences, we volunteer to make the expertise of our disciplines available to the public free of charge.
The magazine’s title takes up Aristotle’s adage that human beings are by nature "zoon politikon" - political creatures who ought to strive for the “best and highest life possible” in a community of free and equal members.
Our topics range from politics, society, and the economy to the environment, and law.
As a registered charity, we have no commercial interests and we pursue exclusively not-for-profit ends.
4) The magazine’s key attributes
- but also fun!
5) The magazine’s target audience
- people aged 18-50
INFORMATION ABOUT THE LOGO
1) Desired attributes of the logo:
- The logo should be serious and trustworthy, but also young and dynamic.
- It should be simple and clean, but also creative.
- It could consist only of the word “Politikon”, or it could also include a symbol.
- The entire logo should fit into the small round Twitter-circle and still be legible.
2) Font selection:
- The word “Politikon” should be easy to read.
- We are open to the idea of using all uppercase (“POLITIKON”).
- We are open to different font types (serif, sans serif, etc.). We are also interested in handwriting script fonts – as long as they are clear, legible, and not too playful.
3) Color selection:
- We are open to logos that are only black and white.
- Besides black/white, the logo could also include one, two or a maximum of three colors.
- We particularly like all shades of blue and red (including tinted versions), but we're also open to other colors.
- It would be great if you could send us your logo in different color variations.