Inspiration came from the Sprite Slam commercial that was launched years ago: https://youtu.be/Wdd3dhdcX1g. We like the look & feel of that commercial and partly it even matches with our concept of two athletes battling on the water: the 'slam' or 'water splash' in the video.
We crafted a little vid to help you and ourselves: https://youtu.be/x5IDicp9vWE
Logo should look 'professional': appeals to major sponsors (Red Bull, Adidas), elite athletes and TV broadcasters
We have uploaded two styles (sample logos) above.
In the blue (water-like) logo we like:
- The shield, which stands for water warriors/gladiators/duelling (see also description above)
- The way the text is divided in the logo
- The image that gives a clear depiction of what it's about (horses)
In the red logo we like:
- Two athletes 'battling'. A little bit like in the Sprite Slam commercial we like (the 'slam' or 'water splash' where two people 'slam' into eachother).
- The backdrop which we imagine could be the 'water splash'
Maybe the design could be a combination of the two?
PUBLIC ANNOUCEMENT 26 MARCH (EXTRA INPUT/FEEDBACK)
It's tempting - and to a certain extend it even makes sense - to use elements like a kayak/canoe and-or a paddle. However there are more than 15 different paddlesports. They all use different boat types and paddles specifically for the type of water they race on (river, lake, ocean) and the type of race (from A to B, tricks, through slalom gates, and so on). And to make it even more complex there is 'single blade' (like in a canoe) and 'double blade' (like in a kayak).
In other words using elements like the boat and the paddle is almost impossible because it would exclude several paddlesport disciplines and therefor several target groups/athletes.
Focus on the elements that - regardless how different the paddlesports might be - the 'Water Warriors' have in common:
- The water and the 'splash' (as explained and shown in the Brief). Use this is the design.
- Athletes that are battling or duelling like 'Gladiators' or 'Water Warriors' as we call it. Use one or two warriors in the design.
- The dynamics and the excitement
If you take a look at the red and blue logo we uploaded in the Brief you see that there is a certain aggressiveness , toughness, power and action. This is also something I would like to see in the logo.