=== BACKGROUND ===
To understand this product, you must first understand the software it integrates with. GravityView integrates with the Gravity Forms plugin: http://www.gravityforms.com
ABOUT GRAVITY FORMS:
Gravity Forms is form building software that integrates with WordPress, a web content software. Gravity Forms makes it easy to build forms and collect form submissions ("entries").
WHAT GRAVITYVIEW DOES:
GravityView is a re-launch of the Gravity Forms Directory plugin. Please visit this page and watch the video for a good idea of how the old plugin worked: http://wordpress.org/plugins/gravit…ms-addons/
GravityView takes form submissions and makes it very easy to present the submitted form entries in different layouts on a web page. GravityView improves on the Gravity Forms Directory plugin by making it very easy to display the entries in different layouts, such as a data table (grid) view or a business listing view (like Yelp.com).
#### The key to GravityView is that it makes styling form entries easy. ####
The purpose of the name GravityView is that it suggests a way to "view Gravity" Forms entries.
=== WHO IS GRAVITYVIEW FOR? ===
GravityView is designed for developers working on a client site or website owners.
=== DESIGN ===
The GravityView logo should have a style that is visually connected to the Gravity Forms brand (see "Gravity Forms Branding" below).
The GravityView logo should look great when used in the WordPress 3.8 design. Please provide both the logo and a mockup of the logo placed in this screenshot (where the "Add New Post" text is): http://make.wordpress.org/core/file….38-PM.png
It's important that the logo be distinguished from the Gravity Forms logo. The word "View" should be used.
#### Design Requirements ####
• do: be modern
• do: use "flat" design
• do: use the word "View" (but ideally the whole name "GravityView") in the design
• do: subtly integrate physics references like gravity, molecules, quantum, electrons, etc. Note how the Gravity Forms "Gf" logo looks like a molecular diagram for an atom
• do not: overdo the physics references! Don't let this distract you.
• do: explain visually that the product allows users to display
• do: look visually related to WordPress 3.8 and Gravity Forms
• do not: be too "flat" so that it's plain
• do not: use the same font as Gravity Forms
• do not: use the rounded hexagon "G" shape
• do not: use the Gravity Forms "G"
=== RESOURCES ===
SEE PRODUCT IN ACTION:
This is an old version of the product. The new one will be much more slick: http://wordpress.org/plugins/gravit…ms-addons/
Please reference the style of WordPress 3.8 as a good design inspiration: http://wordpress.org/news/2013/12/parker/
GRAVITY FORMS BRANDING:
Sample Gravity Forms branding images: http://www.gravityforms.com/affilia…e-banners/