*** Updated note at the bottom
This project is actually a rebrand of our current logo (Keto's) to take the brand character in a different direction both in spirit and in name. A can't miss in this process is a major upgrade in premiumizing the brand look tone and feel. The bread will be expensive and the old brand identity did not cue premium.
We want to develop a totally new interpretation of the brand that focuses on the following:
1. Colonial Revolutionary war inspired treatment. We'd like to explore a vintage inspired look yet maintain a simple, clean, and premium logo.
2. We would like the priority of communication to be on the actual name and then have other elements play off of it.
3. We would like to also end up with some sort of brand character that goes with the name. In the main lockup he would interact with the logo but eventually we'd want him to be able to stand alone.
4. We think it could be cool to do some sort mixture of a colonial soldier and a colonial baker in the interpretation of the character. Please stretch the bounds of creativity on how this could come to life.
5. Another cool idea could be a guy on a horse holding up a whisk as his proverbial "weapon"
6. Puns are core to our brand identity so we'd love for you to do something clever with the logo to bring to life the fact that we are a bread brand and our products rise
Bonus ask: one of our founders is the guy on the website with the beard. it would be cool if there could be a subtle incorporation of the beard into the logo
Please review the below website which is still under construction and is transforming to a more premium rebellious feel: https://ketosbreads.com/ password = fatbread
We've also attached our old logo for reference but obviously, we are moving far away from that. We used to be more playful and childish with the logo. Please present all lockups in both full color and one color version.
*** Note that went to all designers after seeing early designs come in:
Hi All! Love the designs coming in so far and are excited to see what else you all come up with. Wanted to give you guys more background on the business to help guide the iterations of the designs.
1. We are an eCommerce ONLY business and do not sell in stores, thus it is important that we think mobile phones, mobile websites and social media first ... not instore and inperson. This means that we must have a logo that pops when significantly reduced in size. Elements of shading or high visual nuance will likely not work for our vision.
2. We are a healthy brand so our character should look healthy and fit not chubby and out of shape. Think strong jawlines, iconic face, defined features, perhaps some muscle definition, etc. ... he should be the guy you would want on the battlefield next to you.
3. We love premium visual puns. We like the baking tools being used in place of real weapons as a visual pun. More clever integrations of puns into the work is strongly encouraged.
4. Circular lockup orientation of the logo works very well for social icons and web experiences.
5. the words "traditional process bread" should not actually showup in the logo as that was just background on our competition. We are trying to take down those guys like wonder bread, butternut, etc.
6. Minimalist design is more our style vs. super detailed.
We've got great designs coming and are super excited about what could come in the next 24 hours!!!! From what we've seen so far we want to clarify and reiterate a few things:
1. Clarification - We are looking to be an aspirational feeling brand. This means our character should signal healthy, handsome, ideal physique, a natural born leader, a general not a foot soldier. So far we are not seeing this in the designs so we wanted to clarify.
2. Reiteration - Simplicity is key to our criteria. We need simple but bold designs with great line work. Little to no shading please or we will have to have multiple logos for digital vs. promo materials. That's a pain for us.
3. Weapon puns - We love the whisk based weapon as a visual pun however we really want to see more options for having other "baking weapons" added as secondary items ... for example, a spatula or rolling pin in the general's belt could be cool. An oversized spatula as the main weapon and a whisk in the belt could be cool.
***Note two that went to all designers:
Great job so far and keep up the good work!!!