Our primary action color is a bright orange, hsb(30, 100%, 90%). Much of the color scheme is keyed off that in lighter oranges, beiges, and browns, as you can see from the screen shot.
We also use blue (hue = 195) as a secondary action and accent color.
The current logo is one I did, and we're OK with it but don't love it. It's meant to be a hybrid between an emu-like bird and a chat bubble. You're welcome to riff on this (and I included an Illustrator file in case that's handy), or to ignore it entirely. If you do riff on it *please* don't just rotate it or put it in a box.
Adjectives to keep in mind: friendly, helpful, smart, clean, simple, easy.
Other things to consider:
* This has to work at reasonably large and fairly small sizes (e.g., app icon on non-Retina screens).
* It should look good inside an iOS-style home chiclet.
* It should look great in flat color, though we may do a textured treatment at some point. Please present your design in flat color.
* It needs to work well both in print and online.
* We're fine with a logomark that doesn't include the name, but in that case we'd like some thought on how it sits alongside the name, in what font, etc.
* Our product name is Emu, but we've been using all lowercase in the logo. Feel free to go on doing that, or not.
Things to avoid:
* Single-letter-in-a-chiclet. The same chat bubble with an icon or letter in it that every other messaging app uses.
* Over-emphasis on location. While we do use location heavily, we don't want it to define us. Our concept of context is broader than that, and includes (for example) the content of your messages.
More about us: