The largest allotment vegetable growing site in the UK is about to undergo a major re-design and requires a high quality logo upon to support the re-designed brand. This will be used on the new site layout and visual design therefore designing it to work with the current design is not a requirement.
The key elements of the new logo will be:
1. A symbolic icon representing growing your own
2. The URL and main brand “allotment.org.uk”
3. The phrase/sub-brand “Grow Your Own” – this may vary by main site section so should be relatively easy to edit
- UK based 26 to 70 year old audience, split equally between males and females.
- Equally split between growing their own fruit/veg on an allotment or in their back garden. Significant related interests covered by the site include gardening, cooking what they have grown, eating with the seasons and to a lesser extent keeping a few chickens in the garden for eggs.
- Mostly experienced over 5-10 years however we wish the brand to also be approachable to those just starting.
- Seeking good quality and trust worthy advice.
- Clean and simple design, conveying simplicity, quality and approachability.
- Logo aspect ratio of roughly 3:1. Main use will be roughly 220x80 pixels.
- The symbolic element will be used separately as a site icon and on Facebook/Twitter etc.
- The logo will be used on a white background and we have a preference for vector based designs.
- The winning design should be provided in a variety of industry standard hi-res formats upon completion.