We all live as ‘busy bees’ within our own ‘hive-like’ communities without much insight on how we may benefit from the symbiotic relationship between us and our community as a whole. SymbeeHive is the personification of helping members of your community (hive) by ‘giving forward’ with the hope that in your time of need your community would support you by ‘giving back’.
SymbeeHive is a platform that allows users to create and manage their day to day needs (such as a supermarket or grocery store run, moving, cleaning) and share them with their local/neighborhood social networks. It also allows users to inform members of their communities when they are planning on making a visit to the super market/grocery store and/or if they wish to help their fellow members by running an errand for them. SymbeeHive allows you to ‘give forward’ by helping your community just as you may be in need of their help someday. SymbeeHive is a new age answer to the old way of asking for and performing favors for friends, neighbors and family as and when needed.
SymbeeHive provides an easy and affordable way to connect with members in your local network (neighbors, co-workers) to request a favor for which you can compensate them in cash through the platform or in kind by running an errand for them on a later date. SymbeeHive also addresses the needs for consumers who would like the convenience of items being delivered to their doorstep however do not want to pay excessive delivery charges for small ticket items.
SymbeeHive does the following:
• Increases efficiencies within our eco-system by saving time spent on visiting the store and money spent on standard delivery charges
• Connects people within existing local networks (neighbors, co-workers) to perform favors for each other
• Eliminates the need to call upon individuals for help and saves the user’s time by letting them publish a need with their chosen community for a willing party to fulfill that need
• Provides a safe and secure way to request and offer help with day to day activities
• Provides an easy payment mechanism that reduces the stress of giving or asking for money from a friend or neighbor
Communities (condo/apartment/office buildings and other such managed organizations) will subscribe to use “SymbeeHive” as a value-add for their communities to increase the overall efficiencies within their existing ecosystem. End users (consumers) will have the ability to participate by visiting a website (MySymbee.com) or downloading a mobile application on their phone. The value proposition of SymbeeHive is to increase the overall efficiency of existing (local) community ecosystems by allowing participants to help each other with errands. Members can choose to offer their help ‘in kind’ or for a nominal fee.
The following objectives should be referenced when creating a brand:
• Representation of Sym”bee” (the busy bee helping you with every day activities working symbiotically towards the betterment of the community - the hive)
• Play on imagery that reflects the community as a hive
• Brand/Logo creation (combination of name and symbol/image)
• Color theme and website branding
The target audience is divided into 3 categories:
1. Requestors – individual members of a community
• Young urban professionals with busy schedules and lives
• Mothers/Fathers (parents) with busy work lives
2. Providers – the ones who personify Symbee
• Young individuals with alternative careers and flexible work schedules
• Individuals of any age wanting to connect socially and help others in their communities
3. Communities – the ‘hive’ in which Symbee exists to help make the community a ‘sweeter’ place to live. These are building (condo, apartment) management companies and their employees who will eventually be the (paying) customers using the service in this mix.
We are looking for a logo and brand theme for this new technology startup, SymbeeHive that aims at socially connecting people within existing communities with the objective of providing them a user-friendly platform to help each other in accomplishing daily tasks, such as, grocery shopping or home cleaning as described above.