We need a relatively simple logo that evokes a more traditional image of education. The final deliverable should have two versions of the logo: one with just a shield and one with the shield as the focus of a circular seal (encircled by a border, wreath, and/or text as you see fit).
The seal should include the name of the school, "Kentin Academy", and the date of establishment in roman numerals - "FOUNDED MMX" or "ESTABLISHED MMX". Another possibility is the addition of a Latin phrase, "AMAT VICTORIA CURAM", either on a banner or as part of the border of the seal.
We would like to see:
- White background
- Maximum two colors (not incl. the background)
- Burgundy or other deep reds, but feel free to experiment with color.
- Simple, old-style fonts with few or no embellishments
- Relatively simple shield design that scales well to small sizes
- Religious imagery
- New age elements like shadows and bezels
- Excessive detailing
- Imitating the examples too closely
During the handover phase, we will need:
- Unlocked vector files in .eps or .ai format
- Unlocked large, layered .psd file(s)
- Font names and file locations
- PMS, CMYK, RGB, and hex values for the color(s) used
For samples of the general style we are looking for, see the attached shields and seals. If you have questions, don't hesitate to send an email.
We look forward to seeing your own take on traditional education! Good luck!