The winning logo designer will have studied the following:
We have attached variations of current logo being used. It is unknown if current logo has a royalty image of a dog.
Here is what we are looking for:
1. A versatile logo that allows us to utilize words only, full logo with character image (dog or trailer), and/or character only. NO clip art that does not allow for unhindered use or otherwise readily available to others. Logo will be submitted for trademark. Hydrodog, as a word, is already trademarked by us.
2. The character will be essentially a "mascot" for the brand. The character needs to be unique, fun, and versatile. The character will be included in multiple formats including operations and traning manuals. Some examples of how we would use the character include...character wearing sunglasses (being cool), character with pointer (teaching a class), character with a cape on (being SUPER DOG), character running, character holding a sign, character celebrating, etc. Winning character designer will be used to create these character variations post logo design.
3. Purpose of design contest is to explore if there is a design that is better suited for the brand than the current one/s attached.
4. Designer will need to provide all variations of the logo including (editable, transparent, black and white, full color, low res, high res, scalable, font, words only, with tagline, without tagline, etc.)
5. Internally we have debated if utilizing a logo that incorporates the trailer (to better express what we do and to connect the sightings of the trailer from consumers with the service), or if better to utilize the/a dog character to keep it fun etc. We leave it to the creative minds to sort out.
Out Tagline is "Where every dog has its day" Great if incorporated but not essential initially.
There will be approximately 500 locations within 5 years in the United States.
All "locations" consist of a franchisee investor who uses the unique trailer to conduct business.
PLEASE utilize the above information to guide your creative "juices" NOT hinder them. Again, the contest is purposed to "WOW" us with a logo variation that we had not thought about and are willing to redirect towards.
Our team will be monitoring the design contest daily and will be responsive.