In terms of the logo, we would also like it to fit in a square-ish area as we intend to make stamps, buttons, seals etc.
Here are companies that is similar to ours. You could either make your logo design be different or similar to them! Again, we are not restraining you guys to anything in particular but rather, this is what people have some to expect when they associate a "gamer/geek/nerd" subscription box company.
1) Loot Crate
2) Power Up Box
3) Nerd Block
Here are some guidelines for our logo. This is just a rough idea so don't be afraid to think outside the box!
1) Abstract, geometric shape (think Aperture science from Portal 2, Abstergo Industries from Assassins Creed, Veridian Dynamics from Better off Ted or Umbrella Corporation from Resident Evil).
2) The company name "Crate Merch" prominant in the logo design.
3) A design that forms the initials "C M"
We are not looking for:
1) Overly "gamer" or cartoony. Our audience is gamers 18 - 37 yrs old
Things that have been done in the past:
1) Google "Cube Logos" and you'll see a lot of logos to either draw inspiration from or to avoid since that particular design has probably been done to death.