This logo is for a series of localized websites, and each site will have a variation of this logo specific to that local area. Some specific guidelines:
1) It needs to be in the "pictoral mark" style - words and a picture of some sort.
2) The picture needs to be original. No free clipart/royalty-free vector art please.
3) It needs to be horizontally oriented - specifically, it will need to fit in a space 85px high by 400px wide (at maximum)
4) Delivery will need to be in Illustrator format along with the font(s) used. Two variations of the logo will be needed for each design, see the notes below.
5) Please read below carefully so you know what we're looking for - I get very involved with feedback on my contests and things move fast. This one will be fun!
- We are looking for a vintage/handmade feel for this logo. Please see the uploaded images and comments as examples of what we are looking for stylistically. Specifically, I'm looking for a kind of Etsy/Stamping type of aesthetic.
- The logo is going to be placed over a few different background colors, so please do the logo in black over white so it will be easy for me to evaluate.
- The sites themselves will be variations on the words "Wedding Guide" (ie. "Wedding Guide Boston" or "Wedding Guide LA"). Please submit two variations of each design since sometimes it will be a city name (Boston) or a state or city abbreviation (LA) - for the sake of simplicity, let's make them:
Wedding Guide Boston
Wedding Guide LA
That way it will be easy to compare designs.
- Please do not make "Wedding Guide" one word. It needs to be two words, with capital letters beginning both.
- I would prefer that there be a different typeface used for "Wedding Guide" and "Boston/LA".
- The picture part of the logo needs to incorporate either a magnifying glass or binoculars AND a pair of lovebirds. So either of the first two but all designs need to have the birds.
Again, that vintage/handmade feel is very important or it will clash with the design of the websites. I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with, this is my fourth contest and your community is awesome!