We are three siblings that have come together to create a family investment office focusing on acquiring and or growing businesses. The audience for this logo will be other investors and businesses. But also for our team members who will be a broad range of demographics.
We have chosen to band together to create a family LLC (5THGEN) that accomplishes the following:
• Next gen vehicle
○ The now gen has had great success in creating a family entity that has provided for our families. 5THGEN is the next gen's vehicle to stay connected with one another. It will leverage our collective resources to create opportunities that allow participation and inclusion for all siblings.
• Invest in what drives us
○ A return on investment is a result and is a given for why we go into business. Being involved and invested in businesses that inspire and motivate us will drive greater happiness, driving greater productivity, yielding greater returns.
• Keeping the family connection
○ Having this entity is a shared interest built to deliver challenges and successes that we as a family can support and celebrate together with.
The WHY of 5THGEN (Your purpose, your belief, why your company exists)
TO PROVE IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY WE CAN ALL EXCEED EXPECTATIONS
There is greatness that lies within all of us, however most of us will never take the steps needed to realize it. Greatness doesn't mean you have to be a titan of industry, or the next Mother Theresa. To us it means that you have found the trust in yourself to follow what drives and inspires you. When you are driven and inspired you then exceed your own expectations as well as others.
The purpose of our family LLC and all businesses it holds is to prove if given the chance we can all exceed expectations. From ownership through all team members, it is a platform to create opportunities for realizing potential.
The How: (Our value differentiators. The way we do what we believe)
The majority of our business culture focuses on the following hierarchy:
Shareholders - customers - employees
Herb Kelleher co-founder of Southwest Airlines had a better model, one that we follow in our family LLC
Team members - customers - shareholders
We are in the business of people. Some would define this as servant leadership. As leadership our responsibility is to focus on our team members as our customers, creating opportunities for them to exceed their own expectations as well as the our customers' expectations. If we are successful in that, at the end of the day, everyone including the shareholders will benefit.
5THGEN's business model is not about a specific business segment or industry vertical. Our business model is about creating cultures that allow a business to grow and be successful regardless of product or service.
The What: (Products, services, features, and benefits)
Successful business cultures yielding successful and profitable businesses is the service 5THGEN delivers.
We build those cultures through:
• Giving purpose and direction
○ Our businesses all have missions, visions, and core values. They may mirror those of 5THGEN, or they may have their own variations. Point is that all team members will understand why the business is there and what purpose they are serving being there.
○ Great companies don’t hire skilled people and motivate them, they hire people who are already motivated, and then inspire them
○ Average companies give their people things to work on, where the innovative an inspirational companies give their people something to work towards
○ Knowledge is power. Lack of insight and understanding hinders creativity and decision making capabilities. Regularly sharing company performance, initiatives, and other relevant news fosters awareness, better decision making, and trust.
• Getting the right people on the bus
○ As Jim Collins would point out, it is important to get the right people on the bus in the right seats.
○ Many companies hire only for skill, experience, and fit to role. We weigh the cultural fit equally. They may be a Harvard grad with all the right experience, but if they will not be a fit with our culture, they will not be a part of the team.
• Skill development programs
○ Studies show that happiness is derived from perceived progress. Affording our team members that ability to grow professionally and personally enables growth and progress. This is a win-win where our members are happier bettering themselves and the company gets a more skilled workforce
• Reward & Recognition programs
○ If our team members exceed expectations we want to make sure they are recognized and if appropriate, rewarded for that
○ This can range from customer service, to product or service innovation, to lending a helping hand to your team members
This is not a reserved privilege for management only - all team members can nominate and recognize