A massage is a relaxing and peaceful experience so we'd like the logo to convey those qualities.
Tranquility, Calm, Peace, Healing, happiness, relaxation etc...
Thanks to all those who sent in designs so far. It's the first time we've used a design process like 99Designs and it's been fun to see what you have come up with so far.
Here is some info the might help you get a bit closer to what we're looking for.
1. Keep it simple. Minimalist. The logo has to be clear from a distance.
2. Keep it compact. Our signage tends to be taller than it is wide. Therefore, if the logo is wide and short it appears small on the sign. Constraining the logo to a square or circle would be the most flexible layout for us, but we would still consider a more horizontal layout. Experiment with stacking the words on top of each other.
3. We definitely want to stay away from a corporate look. We want it to look modern, but not too formal.
4. Use a sans serf font and avoid any sharp edges. A massage is a soft experience.
5. The logo can be Rest n Refresh on it's own or it can be accompanied by a graphic element. The graphic element should be either completely abstract or a massage chair. If you don't use a graphic element then the text itself will have to become one. We're not sure about whether or not the n should have the ' ' marks either side of it. We'll leave that up to you.
6. We like gradients.
7. Colours. We are leaning towards green and blue and white. Again, keep it simple. Two or three colors max.
I've uploaded a few examples of logos we like, but don't take them too literally
I hope this info makes things a bit easier.