Society Shoppes are owned by Society of Saint Vincent de Paul in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, a registered charity. They serve three primary functions:
• Generate income to support the charitable works of Society of Saint Vincent de Paul in Windsor and Essex County
• Offer life necessities to customers at a very reasonable cost
• Act as a vehicle to distribute basic goods (furniture, clothing, dishes, beds, etc.) to those who couldn’t otherwise afford them through our unique voucher system
The stock is donated by the community and resold or given away in the Society Shoppes. We sell pretty much everything (including the kitchen sink!) but clothing is by far the best seller.
Some features about our stores include:
- environmentally friendly
- supporting a local charity (we use the tagline, "Good deed. Great shopping."
- unique, kitschy, retro and vintage items available
If possible, it would be great to have "Society of Saint Vincent de Paul" or SSVP and/or our logo incorporated into the design.
We'd like to appear professional but fun. I hope that's possible. :)