We're working towards founding a small game company in a few weeks and wanted to get a professionally designed, shiny and friendly logo with which we can identify ourselves.
The company is young and should also appeal to people playing games. We're not a casual iPhone puzzle game company, we do games with more depth and story (role-playing). So we're not looking for cartoony big-eyed animé art.
What we are looking for
- A clean and simple look and art style. No fancy 3D metal shaded art.
- The company name "stillalive studios" should be placed at the bottom as text with a modern font (no cartoony font or handwriting, something that fits "still alive"). Please mind the capitalization (all small letters - all capitals possible, too, but no mixed case).
- Above the company name should be the company mascot. A creature. A thing that represents the name "still alive". The creature should therefore look beat up as if just coming from a brawl or fight. Maybe a patch here, maybe a scratch there (see "music company" example). So it was a tough fight, but the creature is "still alive" which would be the main link to the company name.
- The creature should not be too complicated in style. As stated above, the style should be clean and simple. Both examples we linked are simple (only few colors, very vectorized in style, using simple shapes to create shades and the illusion of 3 dimensionality).
- The creature should have something in common with "gaming" / "playing games". We don't think having a realistic human would fit. Neither would a comic ninja animé styled figure with big eyes. Nor would we like some abstract 3D object or console controller, and also no joystick or anything along those lines! The creature can be friendly looking, funny even, or fearsome. You can let your creativity flow on this one as we don't yet know what direction this should follow. But the general style as far as the lines, shades, complexity goes should be along the lines of the examples we linked above.
- So there can be monsters, characters, critters, human-like creatures (without having too realistic humans). You can try pixellated art, blocky art to underline the "gaming" aspect, or even come up with abstract pixellated figures like Mario and Luigi, as long as they look beat up and have some patches or bruises on them.
- NO BLOOD. The creature has bruises or scratches, but no blood should be seen anywhere.
- The logo should work on a white background, black background and also work in black&white.
Keywords to keep in mind
still alive, creature, playing games
We don't like colors that hurt the eye. No neon yellow on white, no strong primary colors.
-In the Locaray image we like the style of the bear-thing. It's very clean, we like the earthy colors. The creature has too few in common with "gaming" though. This would be the wrong creature.
-In the "music company" image we like the "beat up" character of the critter. We of course don't like the headphones and the tummy-speaker. We don't like the eye-hurting turquoise color of it either. But it's cute (while not being too cartoony) and could be a character in some game!