UPDATE: Who will be the first to submit something actually unique based on the thoughts below.
The name StrodeWorks is a play on the word 'ironworks' (an ironworks is a building where heavy iron or steel products are made).
Looking to convey some of the following concepts/emotions:
- Hard working
- Built to last, sturdy, substantial and reliable
- Down to earth, useful, practical and pragmatic
Some concepts that appeal to me are:
- Something that might look like a steel badge or emblem with the name inside.
- Industrial but not overly so.
- An ironworker/steelworker caricature (not too "cartoon-y") behind/above/below/beside the name. Perhaps holding a giant pencil or something instead of a hammer.
- I think the word 'Consulting' should probably be smaller/less prominent than the name. I will also consider logos that drop the word 'Consulting' altogether and just focus on the name.
- Stylized name treatments. StrodeWorks should always be one word although the treatment on Strode and Works can be different.
No need to follow all of the points above with the exception of not being too 'cartoon-y'.
Important to note that the name StrodeWorks is one word, not two. Even if Strode and Works get different treatments it shouldn't look too much like two separate words.