Mosaic is a 350-acre, $800 million mixed-use developmentthat serves as the commercial gateway to Chatham Park, an 8,000-acre residential community in North Carolina. The entertainment and lifestyle destination is an energetic discovery center that integrates cutting-edge technology with an organic welcome to shape an amenity for patrons of all ages.
As a walkable urban experience situated in a suburban environment, Mosaic is an “urban burb” that focuses on human engagement through the unity of experiences, nature, buildings, art, education, innovation and technology.
Mosaic is more than a place. It is a feeling – a destination filled with experience and interaction that is simply indescribable. It pushes the edge of what is expected yet welcomes the community with its natural environs and innovative programming. At Mosaic, pioneering and pastoral unite to create the next generation of unexpected space that keeps patrons, professionals and residents returning, hungry for discovery. This development is as modern as tomorrow yet as comfortable as yesterday.
Mosaic is like no other. Forward-thinking technology guarantees universal connectivity and ease-of-use while organic gathering places dot the development to pique curiosity and lure patrons to gather and explore. The mix of retail, office and residential activates a robust sphere of daytime energy that extends to an invigorating evening buzz alive with theater, restaurants and impromptu gatherings.
Mosaic showcases the already-vibrant maker culture alive in this North Carolina community today. The existing local, tight-knit art and farming community will be unified with Mosaic. Mosaic’s ambiance and services strive to complement existing offerings, fostering a cooperative, symbiotic relationship.
Modern architectural elements make each building distinctive to create a downtown streetscape that is timeless and organic. The design works and talks; it is functional in its purpose, but tells a story and evokes a feeling. Purposeful green space complements modern buildings infused with biophilic design qualities and environmentally sustainable elements. Free-standing and integrated art crafted by local artisans creates vibrant interest throughout the project.
• Retail/Restaurants (local and regional shops, restaurants and services; micro-brewery, a locally-owned grocer plus café and a cluster of farm-to-table restaurants, pop-up markets and shops)
• Hospitality (120-key, name brand hotel)
• Residential (210 rental homes; four, free-standing apartment buildings complement the urban living environment atop retail and office along; 125 transitional senior living homes)
• Office (co-working platforms, technology firms, start-ups and established businesses)
• Recreation/Civic (theatre, central green and amphitheater for festivals, concerts and outdoor movies; 15 acres green space for parks, trails, ponds, wetlands)