What's not working with the current logo:
- the geese are a negative in the golf industry, a nuisance on the golf course
- the solid golf ball poses an issue when embroidering as it puckers on polyester fabric, so stay away from an image that is a solid mass.
- Color are too muted, not vibrant
Wish list for new logo:
- projects a classic, private club image
- timeless, iconic
- Visual cues: luxury, established, fun, and entertaining
- embroiders easily onto all fabric types as well as embosses easily on hard goods--andcan still be easily recognized as the logo without being distorted when reduced to a small size.
- modular in design so that parts of it can be used for embroidering--without losing the identity of the complete logo.
- Able to extract a member's only logo from this corporate logo. This members only logo would only be embossed for merchandise sold to members only.
- no golf clubs
- no stars
- no dots
- Two color with navy as main color
- In the future, would like to include an image of the PGA Trophy within the logo as they have hosted a PGA tournament in the past and hope to host more. Ultimately, the logo would include a symbol that represents the number of PGA tournaments this club has hosted.
See files below for golf course logos liked and disliked with comments. Plus image of current logo
Also images of current logo on score card and merchandise