We need a logo to be the heart and soul of our creative online destination. Although you can take a gander at what was, we are looking to you to help us communicate something totally FRESH about our way-expanded site.
1. DIY vibe – handmade, fun, and playful, but not cheap or childlike
2. The logo must be able to interact well/integrate with our tagline: Your Guided Tour to All Things Storytelling and Storyselling
3. Sure we have the Hollywood aspect, but we are in no way exclusive or snooty. We speak to anyone who has a love of good writing and a desire to make something supah with their creativity.
4. Smart, irreverent, literate – if you can communicate all that in a logo, you have our vote!
5. Some of the colors in the palette we are using in the site redesign include: #31C5C8; #77BF75, #ED8B2C; #FBE4BB, #D9F0DE. Please do not depart in a big way from this palette, but feel free to experiment!
6. If you are compelled to take the word YARN literally, do so in such a clever way that our jaws hit the floor.
7. Check out a banner we did and love for reference. But keep in mind we STILL NEED A LOGO. http://www.freshyarn.com/new_fy_banner.html
Print file - psd (CMYK)
Web file - jpg and layered psd (RGB)
If you use stock images/clip art, mess 'em up enough that it's considered fair use (don’t pull a Shepard Fairey on us!)