1) Protecting CyberKids is a "new" internet portal for parents to receive the latest news, education, and tools for keeping their children safe and staying informed about the Internet and social media. The three pillars of content will be Education, Latest News, and Advocacy.
2) I want the logo to look clean, sophisticated and contemporary. It needs to have more of a corporate slant, versus whimsical. I like when the graphic appears to have movement. I do not want anything with multi-color lettering in the name. Please keep in mind this site is for parents not children. There is no tagline.
3) I want my audience to feel a sense of security, professionalism, and authority from the logo. The colors and graphics should work together to achieve this.
4) I don't want to scare off my audience. We are talking about safety and security but images of safes, locks, and keys will push the logo too far into the "banking" category.
5) Some emotional words to describe what I want the logo to convey are: smart parenting, open communications with their children, thirst for knowledge, open minded, concerned for the safety of their children, teaching their children how to protect themselves online.
6) Since Advocacy will be an important component of the site, I want a logo that looks appropriate to place on materials when corresponding to governments and schools.