The name of the website is "Kanto" (which must not be a part of the logo), and is derived from a simplified spelling of Japanese Kantō, so the overall theme is Japanese; think Bonzai, Samurai, etc.
1. The logo must *not* be a font or typography, but must be a visual representation of something easily identifiable (see theme description).
2. The logo must be designed as an equally-sided square (same height and width).
3. The logo must be identifiable even in its smallest state (24x24 pixels).
4. The logo must be limited to at a max of four different colours, but ideally only consists of a single colour (as a silhouette).
5. Ideally the logo must work well on both a light/white and a dark/black background.
The logo will primarily be used on the website in two places; in the top right corner (small), where it will activate a navigation popup menu, and as part of the loading screen (bigger), activated whenever the end-user make a change to the existing view.
The extra mile: If possible, the logo should animate on the loading screen (not a part of the design task), so consider if and how this could be done.