Pinterest board where ideas are being collected: http://www.pinterest.com/mwarvel/lead-the-way/
Things we would like to get across in a logo:
1. "Lead The Way": Following the "Lead The Way" name and an overall concept of our individual sales team are "going places". Logo should convey the feeling of trailblazers, entrepreneurs, explorers - all picking a path and going places. Individuals are leading their own destiny down a path to build their growing their business
2. Movement: This program is about individuals taking a journey, being inspired and motivated by this rewards program to get there. Logo should visually convey movement and be fluid. Should also subtly mention that movement is "upward"
3. Not serious. Should convey a fun or inspirational emotion.
4. Prefer illustration or graphic i.e. no stock photography
5. Design should be flat - no gradients or shadows.
Some potential approaches:
1) LIteral - use elements that represent going places/leading the way: maps, road, bird, etc.
2) Text based: Use Program Name and incorporate elements to show fluidity/movement/journey (see Pinterest board)
3. Abstract - illustrative symbol that represents a journey/path.
The attached PDF represents some quick logo exploration - focus on the last page which is some initial thoughts around the design language for the website, iconography and assets.