A good design invokes human emotion. I'm looking for a design that
will make people laugh, smile, feel its cute, or make people wonder,
want more, or surprised etc. This is the most important factor.
Moreover, we do not want common icons like local symbol, or balloons,
we will do complete web redesign to get ride of current strong color,
balloon etc. asmalltrip is about frequent, local trips to shops,
restaurants, parks, people's houses, getaways, that people do. Designs
indicating long distance, expensive (like helicopter, balloon ride is
not what we want).
1. Please provide two versions for every design: one version with a
slogan; one without.
2. Attached 3 logos that I like, especially tilt.com, and airbnb.com,
one I particularly like is from a 99designer designer's work: it
captures the wonders and brand quality that simple lines could
3. I prefer designs with icons that still stands strongly for our
brand asmalltrip on its own, even text "asmalltrip" is not be shown.
This icon is needed when we create app for iphone, or when we need to
upload "head shot" for our twitter handle, facebook page etc. So we
will need icon + text, and icon only, just like shuttershoot has.
4. I don't really like any of these 99designs "preferred logo" types,
but I picked 3 anyways. You should design based on my description for
what aSmallTrip.com is, and what my preference for logo.
5. Our guides include not only just literal trips, it also includes
food, drink, hiking, neighborhood
strolling, shops; so your design should try to capture "exploring
city" that includes hike, stroll, food, drink. I think abstract icon
can be interesting.
The type of Content on asmalltrip.com
1. user submit articles about their trips to some places. Places can
be a neighborhood with a focus on top restaurants; or a user is a
owner so s/he wants to write an article about his/her shop.
2. user can submit a guide article to their city: it may not be an
actual trip, nevertheless, it's a guide. so, it's possible to write
article like "how to identify san francisco's hipsters.
3. We are starting from San Francisco area first.
4. Please review asmalltrip.com: all articles are accompanied with
pictures, most of which are from Instagram.
5. Entire site for asmalltrip.com will be redesigned to have a clean
call to action (encouraging users to contribute/write articles) on
home page: like tilt.com; background will be all white, design will
elegant and simple, with less color as possible. When user moves to
actual content portion, our site will be similar to food52.com: on
we feature 3 to 5 trips/article guides, followed by other articles.We
intend to hold weekly contest touting people to write for certain
theme: for example: submit articles about SF victorian homes you have
been to that impressed you. We will then vote the winner author and
aSmallTrip will be a platform for guides by locals for locals, more
over, it will be a platform for local experts/business owners to
establish themselves. Our content will be syndicated to bigger media
website as well.