We're looking for:
- A fresh, simple and innovative brand identity expressed with a powerful yet simple and to-the-point design.
- The logo should be composed of an ORIGINAL illustrative element (no stock clipart, please) and clearly readable typography (we encourage the use of professional-grade typefaces), with practical applications in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- If they are separate elements and not composed together into a single entity, graphic and textual elements should be clear and distinctively identifiable as standalone, since we would like the possibility to use them separate as well as together.
- The identity should strongly reflect and support the concept behind our product.
Possible directions: we love the idea of an illustrated viking boat so that might be a good start, but we are open to any other ideas you might have, if you can stand behind your concept and show us how and why this fits our vision.
What we need?
- Full color vector design.
- Grayscale / single color / monotone treatment variation.
- Negative (bright on dark background) treatment variation.
- Portrait and landscape-oriented variations.
- Suggestions for a complementing color palette for practical use and application of the logo on a web page, for example.
Please don't waste your time on:
- Fancy effects and cheap tricks - we're looking for professionally executed work.
- Predictable web 2.0-ish styling.
- Stock clipart illustrations.
- 'borrowed' artwork, ideas or concepts - we are looking for _fresh and original work_. If you didn't come up with the idea yourself, don't use it. No exceptions.
Please note we are looking for a brand identity and not just a logo. If you don't understand the difference, your design is probably not good for us.
We highly encourage designers submitting their work to write a few words explaining their concept or thought process and how they managed to achieve and execute it.